Coventry CV2 4AB
Make yourself at our clients Home
If you want to build a career whilst caring for others then come and join the care team at our clients Care Home!
Our client provides accredited programmes dedicated to building skills and competencies and providing the opportunity for personal progression whilst supporting the teams in their homes to live their values and deliver special resident experiences every day.
The Care Assistant role will include the following responsibilities:
- Achieve the highest possible standards of person centred care by insuring individual needs are met in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with resident mobility, changes in position (including pressure relief) using approved, safe techniques and equipment.
- Communicate clearly with residents; taking into account individual needs and ability, ensuring residents wear/use hearing aids, spectacles and other communication aids appropriately.
- Accurately record and communicate key observations, findings and messages appropriately, whilst respecting client confidentiality e.g. weight, food and fluid intake, telephone messages.
- Assist with the orientation, admission and discharge of residents, handling personal property appropriately.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment at all times; cleaning equipment, disposing of waste safely, following contamination control procedures and any other task as required.
- Ensure any necessary training is completed as required and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant policies and guidelines which impact on the role.
- Act as Support Person and chaperone to designated residents; obtaining a sound knowledge of the Resident’s life history, routines, personality and physical health.
- Introduce and assist with activities which reflect the individual choices and interests of the residents in our care; striving to achieve the highest possible quality of life for residents and their families.
- Establish and implement factors which influence the well-being of the resident and the way in which they would choose to receive their care and support; including acting as an advocate for the resident, ensuring that any concerns are passed on to the Senior Carer/Nurse in Charge immediately.
The ideal candidate for the Care Assistant role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
- Able to identify and analyse problems
- Customer focused
- Helpful and courteous in response to requests for information or help
- Has the ability to work as part of a team
Care Assistant Benefits
- Good annual leave
- Discount vouchers
- Pension scheme
If you feel you are suitable for the Care Assistant role, please apply now!
Care Assistant, Support Worker, Care Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job