We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants (HCAs) working full or part time hours in Basingstoke, Newbury and the surrounding areas of Berkshire through our Reading branch.
Be welcomed into the team with a free uniform and criminal record check (DBS) for a limited timeThe Position:
It's essential you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence. You will be working on either a 1-1 basis or within a small team of Healthcare Assistants.
You could be involved in a range of day to day activities such as washing, dressing, toileting, meal times and other general activities that enable service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these.
Due to the nature of the role and the location of our clients access to your own vehicle or other transport is essential.
- Salary of up to £12.40/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform for a limited time
- Free criminal record check (DBS) for a limited time
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- It is essential that you are willing to travel to get to some of the client locations.
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.Your local branch:
Your local team is located in the largest town in Berkshire, Reading on the first floor in Enterprise House on 95 London Street.
We are just down the road from the Royal Berkshire Hospital; built in the nineteenth century as a result of injuries sustained building the Great Western Railway, which luckily enough is only a 13-minute walk away.
We are also easily reachable by car and bus.Requirements:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Willingness to travel
- At least 3 month's previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
- NVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care highly preferable
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- care agency
- basingstoke care assistant
- newbury care assistant