Newcross Healthcare are looking for dedicated and experienced Care Assistants to uphold our philosophies and provide the highest standard of care in Eastbourne, Polegate, Hailsham, Lewes, Seaford, New Haven, Bexhill, Pevensey, Ninfield and the surrounding local towns of East Sussex, supporting clients in their day-to-day lives.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care Role
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate a child's school routine or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose.
It is essential that you are able to work in a kind, compassionate and professional manner, putting the service user at the center of all you do.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Competitive Salary up to £ 12.40, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
To apply for this job you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a mental health environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly desirable yet not essential
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your Local Branch:
Located on the southeast coast of England, Newcross Healthcare's Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
The branch is based on Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- eastbourne care
- eastbourne care assistant
- east sussex care
- Polegate care