We are looking for the best Care Assistants in the Garforth area of West Yorkshire to provide support to older people within a residential setting for both day and afternoon shifts. There is also some availability for night shifts.
Are you looking to make a difference to a person’s life? Are you looking for a truly rewarding career? Do you want to work for a care provider who puts care, dignity and respect for individuals at the heart of what they do?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a family based business who have been running for over 50 years. Their home is built on love and they provide excellent quality personal care but also a service that values the individual. Our client is a specialist Dementia care provider and they recognise that every person is unique and encourage residents to be themselves and do things that are important to them.
What are the responsibilities as a Care Assistant?
- Assisting with personal care, including washing, dressing and assistance to the toilet.
- Assisting in and out of bed.
- Assisting residents at meal times.
- Answering buzzers during shift.
- Cleaning communal areas. This is during the night shift only.
Experience is not essential as full training will be provided. Maybe you have had experience caring for a loved one or relative and you want to follow a career in care? Above all you should be caring and compassionate, being right for the job is all about a genuine commitment to making life better for the residents you look after.
What are the pay rates, hours and benefits?
- £7.51 per hour;
- £7.60 per hour for qualified staff;
- 12-hour day shifts available - 8am to 8pm;
- Mid-afternoon shifts available - 11am - 2pm;
- Limited availability for night shifts; 8pm to 8am.
- Pension scheme.
- Training provided to obtain further qualifications.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check
So, if you are an outgoing, dedicated individual, with a big heart and you would like more information on being a Care Assistant, then please click "Apply." If you have any questions we will be in touch to discuss the role further with you.
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Nursing Homes