Newcross has been providing quality staffing to individuals needing care, in care and residential homes for over 21 years and are looking to expand their team working through their Canterbury branch.
We are currently seeking qualified Care Assistants (HCAs) to care for our clients located in Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs and the surrounding Thanet areas through our Canterbury branch.The Position
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. You will need to be comfortable assisting individuals with tasks such as personal care, domestic and assisting with any other activities that will enable the individual to be an active member of the community. It is essential that you are able to deal with situations in a kind and compassionate manner.
You need to be dedicated to promoting and improving the wellbeing of each of our service users. You need to be able to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of every individual that you care for and see them as much more than just their care plan. You should have a minimum of 3 months experience working in a similar care role within an UK environment.
You will need to reside with the local area or have access to your own method of transport. We offer a range of flexible shift patterns that suit any ongoing engagements that you may have.
The Perks of Working for Newcross
- Free uniform and training through credits earned as you work
- A salary of up to £11.30/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
All of our care employees go above and beyond to provide our service users with an excellent quality of care, which is why we offer permanent contracts to all of our healthcare staff with a minimum hours guarantee so that they have the stability of a regular income.Your Local Branch
The Canterbury branch is located in St Andrews House on Station Road East within walking distance of Canterbury Castle, the local train station and the city centre. We are easily accessible by public transport and have been providing quality nursing healthcare staff throughout the Kent area.Person Specification
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- Drivers are required due to the various clients locations
Click the Apply Now button to start your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- kent care
- margate care
- thanet care
- Ramsgate care
- thanet healthcare