Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants to join our Ipswich branch, working in local care, nursing and residential home settings around Felixstowe. If you have at least 3 months experience in a carers role we would be keen to hear from you.
For a limited time only receive a FREE uniform and DBS check on joining.The Caring Position:
Newcross Healthcare has been providing excellent quality care staff to nursing homes, hospitals and people in their own homes for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on employing only the very best, experienced care staff and ensuring our clients receive the highest quality person-centred care.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is also highly desirable.
Work flexible hours of your choice, choose your own rota and take advantage of free, ongoing training in your local area (FREE through our work credits).
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Perks:
- Salary of up to £11.30 /hr with weekly pay, incl. holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform upon joining for a limited time
- Free criminal record check (DBS) for a limited time
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
You can find your local branch on Crown Street, on the edge of Ipswich City Centre. We provide first class HCAs, Nurses and Support Workers to a variety of surrounding towns, from Bury St Edmunds to Diss, Saxmundham, Felixstowe and everywhere in-between.Why Work Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Person Specification
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- care agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job