Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced and dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users in Inverurie and the surrounding local areas through our Aberdeen branch. We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our Philosophy of Care and always with a person-centred focus, promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
As some clients may live in rural areas and shift times may vary, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle or reliable transport is desirable.
The Healthcare assistant role
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring each resident receives the highest quality of person-centred care, you must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
For a limited time, we are also offering a free uniform and PVG check with this role.
- Salary of up to £13.70/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- For a limited time, free Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do, that is why we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
The Local Branch:
Our Aberdeen branch is located in Golden Square. We are a short 8-minute walk away from the train station for your convenience but we are also reachable by car or bus. We cover areas throughout the county of Aberdeenshire.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- Inverurie care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job