We are currently looking for experienced and enthusiastic Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our learning disability and care home clients in Elgin, Forres and the surrounding areas, through our friendly Inverness branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care Role
Through your kind and compassionate approach, you will build professional relationships with clients, providing companionship as well as day-to-day care. You will play a vital rolein supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling service users to participate in their favourite activities.
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota to accommodate family commitments or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
As a member of our team you will provide the friendly companionship the client needs and assistant them in engaging in activities of daily living such as leisure and personal care.
Join the team today and be welcomed with free uniform and PVG when you start.
- Competitive salary, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
- Free criminal record check (PVG) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- An SVQ2 in Health and Social Care (highly preferable)
- You will need to be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join us
Your Local Branch
Located in the UK's most northern city, Newcross Healthcare's Inverness branch is based at 16-18 Bank Street, a short walk from Inverness train station, just by the river.
Inverness has a strong healthcare background due to it being the home of the Centre for Health Science (CfHS) and the Diabetes Institute.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- scottish care
- Elgin care
- Forres care
- highlands care
- inverness care