Newcross Healthcare has several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants to work full or part time hours in Northumberland and the surrounding areas through our Newcastle branch.The Job Role
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate a child's school routine or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan. Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Benefits:
- Salary of up to £11.14/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.Why Join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2/SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- Full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- newcastle healthcare
- northumberland healthcare assistant