Newcross Healthcare are continuing to expand and grow as a company who provide high quality assistance to our service users in line with our Philosophy of Care. Due to this period of growth we are looking to recruit experienced and dedicated Care Assistants (HCA) to join our Truro branch working in Penzance, St Ives, Hayle, St Erth and the local surrounding areas.
Be welcomed into the team with a free uniform and DBS check for a limited timeThe Role
Every Newcross Care Assistant makes a difference in the lives of the patients they encounter, through their compassionate and sensitive approach, but also their ability to deliver the highest quality person-centred care.
You will promote service users independence and protect their dignity through a kind and compassionate approach to personal care.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
This could involve a range of tasks such as assisting with washing, dressing, toileting, meal times, accessing the community and other general activities that enable clients to receive an excellent standard of care.
Unlike an agency, we focus on nurturing and rewarding great members of staff. We offer permanent jobs with all the flexibility to maintain a great work / life balance. Enjoy a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and free training with us.
In order to ensure you always have enough work, you should be willing to travel around the local surrounding areas. Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.Perks:
- Salary of up to £13.66/hr paid weekly, including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform (For a Limited Time)
- Free criminal record check (DBS) (For a Limited Time)
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Local line manager and branch support
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Our Truro branch is based on historic Lemon Street close to the city centre and just a short walk from Truro train station. With one of the largest teams of registered nurses, care assistants and support workers in Cornwall, Newcross Healthcare is able to provide care to clients across the county from Penzance to Bude and Liskeard.Why Work with Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.You will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- st ives
- st erth
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job