Our team of healthcare professionals is growing in the local Leicester area and we have several Care Assistant jobs available for individuals who share are commitment to excellence in care in Leicester, Hinkley and the surrounding areas.
You will need to be able to travel to our Leicester branch and to different client locations, so your own transport is essential.The Caring Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be expected to provide care and attention to our clients in their homes or residential settings. As a member of our team you will provide the friendly companionship the client needs and assistant them in engaging in activities of daily living such as leisure and personal care. Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for.This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Newcross Perks
- Pay rate up to £11.96/hr
- Weekly pay including holiday pay
- Criminal record check (DBS) refunded after initial period
- Free training and uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online account area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Your local branch is situated locally in the city of Leicester in Grange Business Park, a 25-minute drive from city centre. Here you will find the burial place of King Richard III who was defeated at the Battle of Bosworth Field resulting in his remains being notably found being found under a car park in 2012.
We cover the areas between Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Mowbray.Why Work for Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The Requirements
- To prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
If you have an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- Leicester Healthcare
- Hinckley care
- leicester care assistant
- Hinckley care assistant