Newcross are seeking experienced Care Assistants with at least 3 month's post qualification experience to work with our clients in Dundee and the surrounding areas.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and varying shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care Role
We have a variety of full and part time hours on offer around the Dundee area, covering; days, nights or weekends. you will be fully supported by our local branch based in the centre of Dundee.
In this caring position your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
You'll become a permanent member of our healthcare team, working in local care establishments to enhance the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for.
Newcross Caring Perks
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Permanent contract with flexible, guaranteed hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (PVG) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local branch support based in Dundee
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
To apply for this role, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your Local Branch
You can find your local branch in the coastal town of Dundee; we're located a 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- care assistants
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- Dundee care
- scotthish care
- Scotland care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job