Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for dedicated and enthusiastic Healthcare Assistants (HCA) with at least 3 months experience to offer high standards of care to our services users in Trowbridge and surrounding areas supported by our Bath branch.
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota to accommodate family commitments or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
We currently have shifts in a variety of environments, including nursing, care and residential homes, plus learning disability settings, so previous experience in at least one of these is essential.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Position
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring each resident receives the highest quality of person-centred care, you must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Through your kind and compassionate approach, you will build professional relationships with clients, providing companionship as well as day-to-day care. You will play a vital rolein supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling service users to participate in their favourite activities.The Benefits
- Salary of up to £13.07/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours
- Ongoing training and development, free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team based in Bath
- Free uniform through credits earned as your work
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Your Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Bath, a short walk from the local train station and the renowned Roman Baths. We cover a wide area, ranging from Eastern Somerset regions such as Glastonbury and Wells, over to Trowbridge, Warminster and of course the local city areas of Bath.The Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
You should be willing to travel within the local areas to reach client locations, with access to your own vehicle desirable.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- trowbridge care
- Bath healthcare
- southwest care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job