At Sanctuary Care we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who will share our mission statement ‘Keeping kindness at the heart of our care’.
Care Assistant - Nights
Orchard House Residential Care Home, 191 High Street, Sawston, Cambridgeshire
£8.15 to £8.40 per hour (dependent on qualifications) (plus enhancement for night shifts)
36 hours and 12 hours per week available
If you are interested in a position at our care home (No experience necessary) why not come along to our OPEN DAY at ORCHARD House Residential Care Home on 23rd March between 10am and 4pm to talk to our friendly staff about the opportunities we have available, have a cuppa and a look around our facilities – we may be able to interview on the day and we would love to see you there!
Why work for us?
Our vision of keeping kindness at the heart of our care underpins the ethos of our entire organisation. We are committed to ensuring our residents, who chose Sanctuary Care to support them in their later years, are able to live happy and contented lives full of wonderful experiences and memories.
Where you’ll work
Orchard House Residential Care home is situated close to the High Street in the beautiful village of Sawston, on the outskirts of Cambridge. Supporting 35 residents, our dedicated team provides residential, dementia and day care.
Click here for further information about the home.
The role of Care Assistant will include
- Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
- Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company
Skills and experiences
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including a competitive salary, a contributory pension, 28 days holiday including bank holidays, and a variety of on line discounts and rewards. To assist you in building a rewarding career in care you can look forward to excellent training and development opportunities within a friendly and supportive environment.
If you require further assistance please contact Orchard House onand quote Ref: 29783
View the detailed Job Profile
Closing Date: 31 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.