Our friendlyTaunton branch is looking for naturally compassionate Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support to our clients in Taunton, Langport, Chard, Bridgwater, Wellington, Minehead, Crewkerne, Ilminster, Somerton and the surrounding somerset towns.
Due to the locations of some clients, you will need to have access to your own vehicle.
For a limited time, be welcomed to the Newcross team with a free DBS & uniform.The Role:
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including care homes and nursing homes so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings.The Benefits
- Salary of up to £13.27/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Free uniform and criminal record check (DBS) (limited time only)
- Agreed mileage paid for some clients
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Opportunities to develop skill sets, with the chance to progress and offer support to complex care clients
- One-to-one relationship with a local service manager
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The branch
Your local branch is located on Staplegrove Road which is a 13 minute walk away from the local train station. We are easily reachable by bus or car.Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years.
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course.
- You will need to have access to your own vehicle.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- somerset care
- care taunton