Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our clients with support from our friendly Falkirk branch. We are currently looking for carers in the following areas:
There is also the opportunity to take supplementary shifts as a Senior Care Assistant if you have the essential qualifications.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Position
Every Newcross Care Assistant makes a difference in the lives of the patients they encounter, through their compassionate and sensitive approach, but also their ability to deliver the highest quality person-centred care.
This could involve a range of tasks such as assisting with washing, dressing, toileting, meal times, accessing the community and other general activities that enable clients to receive an excellent standard of care.
Ideally we are seeking car drivers for this position, however we also have vacancies available in areas reachable by public transport - so if you're willing to travel locally, we'd love to hear from you.
If you hold a SVQ2 qualification or equivalent, with medication administration certificate, we can offer Senior Care Assistant shifts.Newcross Care Benefits
- Salary of up to £13.24/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with flexible, guaranteed hours
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (PVG) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support based in Falkirk
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Falkirk City Centre, a short walk from Falkirk Grahamston Station, or a short drive from the only rotary canal connector in the world (Falkirk Wheel). We supply highly trained healthcare professionals to a range of establishments throughout West Lothian and Stirlingshire.To apply for this role, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- central belt
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job