We are currently looking for experienced and enthusiastic Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our learning disability and care home clients in Inverness, Dingwall, Nairn and the surounding areas, through our friendly Inverness branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care Role
Working as a Newcross carer means you'll be working to improve and support the quality of life and well-being of individuals you encounter. You will promote service users independence and protect their dignity through a kind and compassionate approach to personal care.
You will be offering vital care and personal support such as dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling residents to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, friends, visitors and other residents.
With several full and part time vacancies available, we are offering the successful candidates the opportunity to work flexible hours suited to you in local care and nursing homes around Dingwall.
Join the team today and be welcomed with free uniform and PVG when you start.
Newcross Care Benefits
- Competitive salary, up to £12.03, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
- Free criminal record check (PVG) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- An SVQ2 in Health and Social Care (highly preferable)
- You will need to be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join us
Your Local Branch
Located in the UK's most northern city, Newcross Healthcare's Inverness branch is based at 16-18 Bank Street, a short walk from Inverness train station, just by the river.
Inverness has a strong healthcare background due to it being the home of the Centre for Health Science (CfHS) and the Diabetes Institute.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- Invernes care
- nairn care
- dingwall care