Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
We have several job vacancies for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support a range of clients in Aberystwyth and the surroundig local towns of South Wales through our friendly local Swansea branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care and Supporting Role
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for. This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, allowing the opportunity to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
You will play an essential role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
- Competitive salary, up to £13.26 paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Join the team today and be welcomed with free uniform and DBS when you start.Why Newcross?
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your local branch
Your local branch is located in Barquentine House on Quay West near the Swansea city centre. We are an 11 minute walk away from the train station and easily reachable by car or bus.
We cover areas as far west as Haverfordwest and Carmarthen in the northClick the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- support worker
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- learning disabilities
- healthcare assistant
- learning disability
- care agency
- support worker aberyswyth
- care aberyswyth
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job