We are looking for experienced Care Assistants who hold a PMVA qualification gained or renewed within the last year to uphold our philosophies and provide the highest standard of care in the local area
You could be supporting clients in Taunton, Langport, Chard, Bridgwater, Wellington, Minehead, Crewkerne, Ilminster, Somerton and the surrounding areas.
Receive a free uniform and free DBS check with this role for a limited timeThe Role
It is important that you are PMVA trained in order to identify possible causes of violence and aggression in your setting and recognise the importance of intervention and preventative strategies.
Our person centered service is designed to enable service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
You will be supporting local people with their day-to-day activities, living with a range of healthcare needs. Experience supporting clients with Challenging Behaviour is highly desirable.
Those in possession of a full UK licence and their own car are preferable for this role.Benefits of joining Newcross:
- Salary of up to £13.27/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) check and uniform (for a limited time)
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team based in Taunton
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
You will be working through your local Taunton branch located on Staplegrove Road which is a 13 minute walk away from the local train station. We are easily reachable by bus or car.Why Join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- PMVA certification
- An NVQ2/3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is also desirable.
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years.
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- Taunton care assistants
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job