Purpose of Job:
1. To be part of the team providing a high quality residential service for people with learning difficulties, which enables users to live with a maximum of choice and independence, participating in a wide range of community based activities, designed to meet their individual need
2. Using a person centered approach assist people with learning difficulties to lead fulfilling lives and develop and use their individual skills as far as they are able in all aspects of daily life via the provision of support, assistance and personal care.
3. The post holder will be required to work shifts including weekends, bank holidays on a rota system as directed.
B Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist in providing practical and personal support to enable service users to have more control over their lives and to meet their assessed need by maintaining and promoting their health, well being and social development.
2. To assist Residential Support Worker to ensure service users are supported in a varied range of activities which promote the development of people as individuals, increase independence and maximise community inclusion as identified both through day to day choice and their agreed care plan.
3. Assist service users to make informed choices and have new experiences within an agreed plan of risk taking.
4. Assist in the provision of the highest possible standards with regard to quality of life and a homely environment including support for those users who represent a challenge to the service.
5. Assist where necessary service users to attend social and leisure activities, community outings and appointments.
6. To provide all aspects of personal care needs for service users as appropriate, ensuring awareness of each individual’s culture, dignity and showing respect at all times. This may involve washing, dressing, toileting, feeding, intimate personal care, administering medication.
7. To assist service users in meeting outcomes from their person centered plan and care plan.
8. To assist service users in cooking, shopping, cleaning, gardening, laundry, ironing and household tasks.
9. Participate in achieving the highest domestic standards with respect to cleaning, hygiene and provision of meals for well balanced diets that meet the cultural and dietary needs of the residents.
10. To assist service users to have access to and receive health care.
11. Liaise with relatives and carers as and when required.
12. Take responsible care of service users’ property, money and other personal effects and maintain appropriate records.
13. Report all incidents and accidents involving residents to Home Manager.
14. Maintain written records as required.
15. To undertake moving and handling duties for both people and equipment in line with the Council’s moving and handling guidelines.
16. Work in the framework of a staff rota, based around the residents’ needs and the requirements of the organisation.
17. To attend and participate in supervision and appraisal meetings with line manager.
18. Attend training programs as directed and seek to continue learning and development in the changing national and local policy context.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business