Care Assistant- Residential Home - Full time Nights
You should be an experienced Carer or an individual with a genuine desire to enter the care arena looking for a new position in an Elderly Nursing Home in Midlothian, you will be predominantly based in one location but could be expected to cover in other services. This is an excellent opportunity for a Carer to join a dedicated team of nurses and carers who are passionate about caring and believe in delivering person centred care.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for "normal" health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients' needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Read and act on the Care Plans of each client to promote continuity of care.
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Report to Senior staff any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
- To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- Previous experience of care work in a Hospital or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.
- Care;Support;Healthcare;Care Home;Nursing Home ;Care Assistant ;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job