Care Assistant / Homecare Assistant
Salary: £9.75 to £10.00 per hour
Minimum of 30 hours a week including week-ends
About the company:
Our client is a domiciliary and support care provider. The service evolved from early ground-breaking contributions in local authorities’ social care combined with a vision for Adult Social Care: Capable Communities and Active Citizens. They aim to work with local authorities, voluntary organisations, service users to implement the renewed partnership agreement Think Local, Act Personal to provide care support to those who are in need within the community.
They are looking for experienced Homecare workers or candidates who are looking to enter the industry and are willing to be trained. You should be willing to work in any of the areas in Lambeth such as Streatham, Streatham Hill, Brixton, Stockwell, Kennington and West Norwood and should live in any location within Lambeth or the neighbouring areas such as Southwark or Wandsworth.
The role of the Care Assistant / Homecare Assistant is to provide home care support to vulnerable adults in their own home and work according to the service users’ wishes and involve service users in every activity of care delivery services.
Duties of the Care Assistant / Homecare Assistant:
- To support service users not only with personal care but also any needs to maximising their physical and mental wellbeing, personal safety.
- To support service user in participating in the local community; household living skills and money management; promoting positive participation and inclusion at all times.
- To support vulnerable adults to reach their goals and aspirations in their own home
- Experience or understanding of electronic home care deliveries (e.g. clocking in & out via mobile devices)
- Knowledge and or experience of PASSSystem in homecare deliveries to
- To treat service users with dignity and respect, communicating effectively to meet their diverse needs.
- To develop support plans based on risk assessment and risk management as required and to support service users to meet their needs, and support agreed outcomes within the support plan
- To take appropriate action to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, performance standards and Stockwell Care policies and practices.
- To ensure a clean, safe and secure environment in line with the required health and safety standards for the service.
- To ensure that Safeguarding policies and procedures are followed and managed effectively in order to promote the wellbeing of children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
- To participate in training and development activities and relevant meetings as determined by the manager.
Requirements of the Care Assistant / Homecare Assistant:
- Preferably 1 years previous experience in homecare delivery
- NVQ or CQF Health and Social Care Diploma Level 2
- Full UK Driving License
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to adapt to a person centred, outcome focused approach
- Be reliable, punctual and flexible
Care Assistant / Homecare Assistant Benefits:
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Mobile phone provided with unlimited calls and texts to ensure you can clock in and out
- Career Progression and Professional Development
If you meet there requirements and feel that this Care Assistant / Homecare Assistant role is rightfor you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job