Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Care Assistant & Home Helper? Are you interested in part time hours in the Abergele, Rhyl, St Asaph, Denbigh and Colwyn Bay, Llanrwst and Llandudno areas of Conwy & Denbighshire, and are you a car driver?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in care and support to private clients within their own homes with an average of 1-hour calls, giving you time to build strong bonds. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent.
What are the responsibilities of a Care Assistant & Home Helper?
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Assisting with washing and dressing.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups.
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
What are the potential hours?
Part-time and full-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, school hours only are not offered due to the nature of the work. The hours available may include some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or every other weekend. If this sounds good, then this position is ideal for you.
There are some fantastic benefits too, including:
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.30 - £24.90 (bank holiday rate).
- Competitive mileage allowance between client calls.
- Corporate/high street discount cards & discounted gym memberships.
- Offer training courses such as: City & Guilds in dementia care & End of life course.
- They actively promote from within and would be happy to put their employees through their QCF level 2 & 3.
What skills do you need to be a Care Assistant & Home Helper?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, or brushing their hair.
You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine, once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job