Do you have the ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds? Have you considered how you can make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people in your area?
Due to expansion and growth, SCRT are looking for enthusiastic care workers to join our team of Care Assistants in Leith (EH6) Corstophine (EH12) Portobello (EH15) Craigmillar (EH16) Gilmerton (EH17) and surrounding areas.
To join our team and make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable adults in these communities, you don’t need previous experience, as full training and support will be provided.
Who would make an ideal care worker? We’re looking for people with the following attributes;
• The ability to communicate with tact and sensitivity.
• The ability to remain calm under pressure.
• A good listener who is patient
• A happy ‘people person’
• A honest person, who acts with integrity and goes above and beyond.
• Willing to support with personal care, meal preparation, administering medication, social inclusion, shopping
and light household duties.
This job involves travelling from home to home, so you must have access to a vehicle. The hours are flexible as care is provided at various times of the day, seven days a week. Successful applicants will be able to work on a rota basis with 2 out of 3 weekends working.
We provide much more than just a care job; we offer fantastic training and development opportunities and have a clear internal promotion structure! SCRT are committed to developing your career.
As a Care Assistant for SCRT you’ll enjoy:
• Guaranteed Hours Contracts*
• A Fantastic Pension Scheme
• Competitive hourly rates from £8.80 and 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)*
• Full training and ongoing support
• The chance to increase your career opportunities with SVQ’s to Level 3*
• Employee referral bonus programmes*
• Childcare vouchers*
The successful candidates are required to obtain or update a Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) membership through Disclosure Scotland. SCRT can assist you to obtain this.
SCRT is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply.
- Relationship Building
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job