Purpose of Position
To work in partnership with others to provide compassionate care that meets our clients’ needs in a way that respects their dignity and promotes their independence.
Care assistants work alone in the clients’ own homes, therefore being calm and caring, speaking good English and having a driving license are essential for this role.
To provide the highest standard of care and support that meets each client’s daily needs and ensures they are comfortable at all times. Care assistant must treat clients in the way that they would expect to be treated. It is essential to report any changes and concerns to our Care Coordinator or Line Manager for the safety and wellbeing of our clients.
The role of Care & Support Assistant
Care assistants must become familiar with each client’s care plan. Learn about their personalities and understand how to achieve the expected outcomes. It is essential to know how to approach customers when it comes to their care and support.
Your tasks will include:
Promote the customers well-being:
- Promotion of mental and physical wellbeing
- Having conversations with clients or share in other activities
- Taking them out for a walk or for shopping
- To encourage them to remain as independent as possible
Assisting with all aspects of personal care:
- Assisting with washing, bathing and dressing/undressing
- Dealing with toileting needs including incontinence
Assisting with medication:
- Administering the medication as stated in the care plan
- Recording each visit properly and signing for medication
Assisting with food and drink:
- Monitoring hydration levels and food intake
- Preparing and serving food and drinks
- Encouraging clients to maintain proper hydration and nutrition
Assisting with housework:
- Assisting with bed making
- Cleaning, washing dishes and tidying up
- Doing laundry if necessary
Assisting with mobility issues
- Being confident when using personal equipment aids (hoisting, sara steady, or wheelchairs)
Recording and reporting:
- Reading and writing reports as needed
- Respond to accidents and incidents)
- Reporting significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
- Involve clients, families and representative in decisions about their care
- Understanding the principles of infection control
Following all the Company’s policies and procedures:
- To comply with Anglia Care policies and procedures at all times
- Attend mandatory training where appropriate
- Promote good practice
- Contribute to any regulatory body inspection
- Being compassionate, kind and trustworthy.
- Punctual and reliable
- Willing to learn the principles of care
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job