16 hour contracts
£9.53 - £10.84 per hour
No Driving Required
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Care Assistant to join the care team at our New Retirement Village in High Wycombe.
We are particularly looking for a Care Assistant who is passionate about delivering an outstanding care service. A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a Domiciliary Care environment would be ideal.
Depending on your QCF/NVQ Qualification the successful Care Assistant will be rewarded with between £9.53 per hour and £10.84 per hour.
As one of our Care Assistants you will help provide the day to day assistance to elderly residents with due respect for their individual needs and independence. The service you provide must be outcome based with 5 key objectives to enable people to achieve economic well being, be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve and make a positive contribution.
Reporting into a Care Supervisor the key duties and responsibilities of our Care Assistants include:
- Provide all aspects of personal care to residents in accordance with their individual needs
- Promote the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care for example dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary
- Encourage each resident to be as independent as possible in all aspects of living
- Assist in the provision of day care / night care facilities
- Work closely with family and friends and volunteers for the general well being of the resident
- Assist with the day to day housekeeping and laundry duties. Provide a personalised housing related to support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible
- Develop a good understanding of policies and procedures and complete all statutory and mandatory training as prescribed by ExtraCare
To become a Care Assistant, we are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
- Qualified at NVQ Level 2 (or above) or QCF Diploma Level 2 (or above) in Health and Social Care. Multiple Roles available at levels 2 and 3
- Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
- An enthusiastic and can do attitude and want to make a difference to peoples lives.
In return we offer the successful Care Assistant an attractive starting salary plus a benefits package which includes a full comprehensive induction, statutory training, pension scheme, 28 days holiday, free life assurance, free village gym membership, child care vouchers, Cycle2Work scheme, attendance vouchers and employee assistance program.
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
- We develop new villages
- We operate villages and schemes
- We support our villages, schemes and our ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at our each of our locations.
This post is subject to satisfactory DBS checks (funded by ExtraCare), written references and Home Office right to work clearance.
Apply today for the role of Care Assistant and help us achieve our vision of providing Better lives for older people.
We look forward to reviewing your application.