About the role
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do. We support a range of clients varying in age and care requirements which can include mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and clients with more complex clinical needs.
As a Care Assistant in this role duties will vary dependent on each clients individual care plan. These may include personal care, assistance with moving and handling, support with community outings and medication administration.
Excellent rates of pay £12.99 - £16.00 per hour.
Following skills & experience required:
We are seeking experienced Care Assistants who have previously worked with clients with Complex care needs to work with a male child aged 3 years in his own home. We are happy to consider Care Assistants who have previously worked with complex adults and are seeking to make the transition into the paeds sector. Alternatively, we are happy for candidates will relevant paeds experience to apply.
There will be an opportunity to receive comprehensive training at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH)where funding and travel will be provided. You will also work shadow shifts alongside a qualified nurse prior to sign-off.
Condition of Child:
- Tracheostomy & ventilator dependant 24/7
- Pompe's Disease
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Enzyme replacement therapy
- Hypoventilation, requiring facial BI-PAP overnight
- Unsafe swallow - fully gastrostomy fed
- Skeletal myopathy
- Conjugated Hyperbilruibinaemia and congenital gallstones
- History of Urinary Tract infections
- Phimosis / bilaleral hydrocele
We are looking for Care Assistants with the following skills/experience:
- 6 months previous care experience
- Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
- Have a caring and compassionate attitude
- Can commit to regular hours
- Ventilation / Tracheostomy
- Gastrostomy care
- Ventilation care
- Medication management
- Manual handling
About the company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
- Weekly pay plus holiday pay
- On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- First refusal to other care opportunities
- Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).
- Care Plans
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job