Are you looking for full or part-time hours and want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant and Companion could be perfect for you. We have full and part-time jobs available in the Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Bearwood, Frankley, Selly Oak, Bournville, Kings Norton, Bordesley Green, Ward End, Washwood Heath, Small Spark Hill, Moseley, Kings Heath, May Pole, Yardley and Acocks Green areas of the Birmingham.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award winning national brand who focus on a companionship lead care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to one or two Older Adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Been a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours:
- £8.50 - £16.00 per hour, plus 20p mileage allowance;
- Full and Part Time Hours are available between 5-40 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work);
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Excellent training is provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Do you have a big heart? Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job, so if you are excited by this opportunity we want to hear from you.
- Home Care
- Social Care
- Companion Care
- Older Adults
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job