We want someone with a big heart to be a Care Assistant & Companion in the Royston, Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City and surrounding areas of Hertfordshire, and to join our team of award winning carers.
Do you want to make a difference? Would you only deliver the sort of care you’d expect for your own loved ones? Are you kind and reliable? Then we want to hear from you. We’d love for you to come and be part of our team. We have high standards and always want to provide the best care possible. As part of that we will schedule everything so that you have at least 30 minutes with your client. We hope that with time, quality, and kindness, you can forge a relationship of trust that will mean the Older Adults you care for will feel respected and safe.
What will you do as a Care Assistant & Companion?
No two days at work will ever be the same for you. You’ll have the chance to turn your hand to many jobs and tasks, including:
- Reminding your client of appointments or when to take their medication;
- Taking them out and about- maybe to the shops or the doctor’s;
- Assisting clients with personal care, including washing and dressing;
- Keeping an eye on their physical and mental wellbeing;
- Helping clients with their morning or bedtime routines;
- Cooking them a good meal;
- Keeping their house in order so it continues to feel like a home;
- Offering companionship and being a good listener.
No one should feel alone. Our job is to look after you, so we’ll give you all the training you need to do your job well- so don’t worry if you don’t have any previous experience. We also offer many other wonderful benefits, like:
- £9.50 per hour weekdays, £10.25 per hour weekends, £16.00 per hour bank holidays;
- Guaranteed hours;
- 30p per mile fuel allowance;
- Pension scheme;
- 28 days paid holiday;
- Full and ongoing training is provided towards further qualifications.
You will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to your own transport as the job involves house to house visits.
What are the potential hours?
- Full-time and part-time hours including early mornings and evenings.
- Alternate weekends.
If you are excited by this Care Assistant & Companion job, then all you have to do next is click 'apply’ and someone will be in touch to discuss your application with you.
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Social Care