As a Care Assistant & Companion in the Darlington, Northallerton, Barnard Castle and surrounding areas you could make a real impact on your community and help change the life of an older person. Our opportunity could let you do just that and build a truly rewarding career.
Our director is inspired by a personal experience of the care sector and setup the service in order to provide a high quality, person centred, compassionate service. We aim to keep older people in their homes where they are happy and comfortable for as long as possible, and to give relatives and loved ones’ peace of mind. We are also an incredibly supportive team who care about our staff, so we will offer you the support you need to flourish.
In the hours you give to clients, you will be able to assist with personal care and companionship, keeping the most vulnerable members of our community happier and healthier. Your job as a Care Assistant & Companion may differ from day to day, and can include many things, such as:
- Taking clients somewhere they can do a good food shop and helping clients maintain a healthy diet;
- Small personal care tasks like helping them brush their teeth and hair;
- Taking them out so they can get about and see more of the world;
- Reminding them of appointments or when to take their medication;
- Escorting them to social events;
- Being their friend.
This is a job with people at its heart. Sometimes you may be the only friendly face they’ve seen that day, and we understand that building a relationship is important. We’ll introduce you to our clients and let you get to know them, we know it takes time and patience to do your job well and we will always make sure you have at least a full hour to spend with your client.
And there are some fantastic benefits too, including:
- £8.25 - £9.00 per hour.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- Competitive mileage allowance.
- Staff benefits scheme including shop discounts, days out, insurance, travel discounts and many more.
- Opportunities for progression and support towards further qualifications.
Sounds good? What about the hours available?
- Part time hours that will fit into your life.
- Includes early mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Alternate weekends.
It doesn’t matter what your past work experience has been, we will give you all the training and support you need to be the best Care Assistant & Companion. However, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle for this job.
So please click apply, and take a chance to make the life of someone, and the surrounding community, better.