Job Title Care Assistant
Responsible to Head of Home, Management Team, Senior Carers.
Responsible for No direct line responsibility
Job purpose In conjunction with other staff, help create a supportive and homely atmosphere where residents can achieve maximum independence. Where the promotion of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, fulfilment and rights being the six broad values are given the highest priority. To help in the care of the residents’ physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the home.
Main duties are to:
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet.
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence.
- Help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Care for residents who are temporarily sick and needing, e.g. bed nursing.
- Help care for residents who are dying and be sensitive and aware of the bereavement process, be it the loss of a partner, relative, pet or home and offer the appropriate support.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assist in meeting the emotional needs of the resident, listening, basic counselling, support with continence, confusion and group living.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and do light cleaning, empty commodes.
- Launder any clothing/ bedding as necessary.
- Set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals and wash up, tidy and clear the dining room as instructed.
- Answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and greet visitors.
- Read and write reports, take part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Record any changes or issues that appertain to clients on the home’s records and to contribute toward information gathering with regard to updating residents’ care plans.
- Escort residents on outings, shopping, walks, appointments etc.
- Help residents maintain links with family friends and the community.
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required
Apply for this role with your current CV and covering letter.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Care Plans
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Elder Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job