At Sanctuary Care we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who will share our mission statement ‘Keeping kindness at the heart of our care’.
Care Assistant - Bank
Watlington and District Nursing Home, Hill Road, Watlington, Oxfordshire
£8.96 to £9.36 per hour (Dependent on qualifications)
Transport to and from work is available from pre-determined locations
Hours as and when required
Why work for us?
Our vision of keeping kindness at the heart of our care underpins the ethos of our entire organisation. We are committed to ensuring our residents, who chose Sanctuary Care to support them in their later years, are able to live happy and contented lives full of wonderful experiences and memories.
Where you’ll work
Situated in a rural village in Oxfordshire with stunning views spanning the Chiltern Hills, Watlington and District Nursing Home provides nursing, dementia, palliative and intermediate care to the home’s 60 residents. Click here for further information about the home
The role of Care Assistant will include
- Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
- Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company
Skills and experiences
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
Ready to join us?
As this is a bank position, a flexible approach to work is required as you may be asked to work evening and weekend shifts, as well as during times of absence and sickness.
If you require further assistance please contact the home onand quote Ref: 28805
View the detailed Job Profile
Closing Date: 28February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job