Want to make a real difference to someone's life? Want to be part of a team delivering life changing care and support? Then join us and become part of a family of over 300 care workers focused on person centred care on a fantastic care village in Crowthorne and become part of a larger family consisting of over 1,800 like minded people.
We are looking for dedicated Cares to help change the lives of our clients at a site near to Reading. The role will see you working on a 120 acre site made into a special village for our clients, and working in a large team of care and support workers, working together to provide the highest standard of care.
Our clients include families who are facing individual challenges, children and young people with special educational needs and those who require help through their day to day lives due to things like learning disabilities and autism.
Who will you be working for
Founded in 1795 our client is one of the UK's oldest charities and support vulnerable children and their families, children with special educational needs and people with learning disabilities. They help children and adults to maximise their lives and potential at home, at school and in every aspect of their day to day lives.
The Care Worker Job Description
- The role includes working within in a team to provide care and support to our clients, who come from a multitude of backgrounds
- Helping to support individuals in terms of their day to day life, education, general well being and their transitions to adulthood
- Promote and safeguard the well-being of clients in every aspect of your role
- Respecting the client's rights to privacy, dignity, choice, independence and quality of life
- Provide comfort, company and help to clients with everyday tasks
- Working in cooperation with clients and their relatives, in order to identify their unique strengths and needs. Always be alert to opportunities for clients to develop their potential and achieve personal growth and fulfilment
The role will require some weekend work and some sleep in duties as per a rota, with the role being 36 hours per week, plus availability of over-time.
Benefits For Care Workers
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Permanent, full time contract.
- No experience required, full training provided.
- 36 hrs p/wk. Overtime available.
- Close to local amenities.
- Beautiful setting and environment.
- Opportunity to make a real difference.
- Progression opportunities.
The salary for the role is between £15,279.11 and £17,711.44, depending on the unit you work in.
Requirements of Care Workers
To be eligible for this role as a Care Worker we require 5 years of references and will do a DBS check. You will also be required to pass a numeracy and literacy test in the second week of February. We also expect all care workers to be friendly, empathetic and have a careful attention to detail.
The site is based in Crowthorne, RG45 6BQ and it's easily accessible by car and is a short walk from Crowthorne Train station.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in then apply now and take your next step to making a huge difference in the lives of our clients
PMP Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job