Female Care and Support Workers
Goodwin Court, Barnet, Hertfordshire
£7.78 to £8.43 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
Full time and part time hours available
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years. People with long-term disabilities under the ages of 55 may also be eligible for extra care.
We are seeking Care and Support Workers to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Goodwin Court offers both housing and care, suitable for many individuals with care needs while offering comfortable environment and helping with the pursuit of independent living. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Please click here to view more information about Goodwin Court
We require individuals who are conscientious and committed to delivering a high quality, person centred care and support service. Experience isn’t necessary as we support our staff with excellent training opportunities. It is equally important for us that you are approachable, caring and compassionate.
Shift patterns are between 07.00-14.30, 14.30-22.00, nights 22.00-07.30 am, and we are looking for staff that are fully flexible to cover all hours. There are also shorter shifts such as 07.00-12.00 depending on the needs of the business. People looking to work weekends only are highly desirable.
The role of Care and Support Worker will include:
- Administering medication
- Assisting with personal care
- Preparing meals and drinks for our service users
- Assistance with keeping their home environments clean
- Supporting them to attend medical appointments, etc.
- Delivering a high level of care and support for service users whilst ensuring their dignity and independence is maintained
- Providing support for service users to enable them to maximise their own potential/independence
- Assisting and encouraging service users to access and maintain integration into and with the wider community
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines and targets
- NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
Due to the sensitive needs of our clients we can only consider female applicants. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the Job Profile please click here
Closing Date: 29 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Home Care Limited, an exempt charity, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.