Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model.
We are currently recruiting for Care and Support workers for Wyvern Ward which supports men in a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation environment who have severe and enduring mental illness and who may have been detained under the Mental Health Act.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
- Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
- Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard patients
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- NVQ level 1 or 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Teaching and CPD programmes
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Regular coaching and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Health Cash Plan
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'