Care and Support Worker – Part Time
Baskeyfield House, Stoke-on-Trent
£8.03 to £8.28 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
24 hours per week - shifts to be 3pm-10pm and 5pm-10pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available should they need it. Residents live on-site with communal facilities creating an environment where they can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We are seeking a Care and Support Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Baskeyfield House consists of purpose-built, independent living apartments that are ideal for adults over 55 who need access to personalised care and support. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
To find out more about Baskeyfield House please click here
The role of Care and Support Worker will include:
- Delivering a high level of care and support for service users
- Assisting and encouraging service users to access and maintain a level of integration into the wider community
- Providing care and support for service users to enable them to maximise their own potential and level of independence
- Working with service users and other staff members to ensure a clean and comfortable environment
Skills and Experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines and targets
- NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time hours equivalent is 37.5 per week
To view the job profile click here
Closing Date: 30 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Retirement Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job