Care and Support Worker Evenings - Porlock
Do you have a passion for supporting people to lead independent lives and remain in the comfort of their own home? Would you like a career that gives you job satisfaction by helping people to reach achievable outcomes that encourage their health and wellbeing?
You will support people giving them the opportunity, motivation and confidence to gain or re-learn skills they may have lost as a consequence of poor health, disability or an accident.
Our Care and Support Workers are an essential part of the community for these individuals, getting to know them and what makes them smile in order to make a difference to their lives.
No experience is necessary as you will be given full training and support right from the out set. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping people to live their lives’ to their best ability ensuring that they are happy and comfortable at all times.
To join our team we are looking for:
• A compassionate individual with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• An active team player that is able to work autonomously when required
• Someone who ideally is available to work alternate weekends
• The ability to treat people with dignity and to respect them as an individual
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
Benefits of working with us:
• Various hours to suit you
• Competitive rates of pay including paid mileage
• Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working (funded by Somerset Care)
• £100 welcome voucher bonus on completion of probationary period
• Structured career path and progression opportunities
• £400 Refer a Friend bonus
• An employer contribution pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• 28 days annual leave
• Statutory Sick Pay
• Long Service Awards
• Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution
• Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of our employees by providing free health checks, discounted gym membership along with advice and support.
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application.
If you would like more information please contact our Recruitment Team on.
The application is in two parts. Part 1 is the application form and the second part is a personality and attitude assessment. Please note, you must submit the application form before proceeding to Part 2 AND both sections must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory certificate from the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'