We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Shaftesbury Court, Trowbridge, Wiltshire
£8.43 per hour to £8.69 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
30 hours per week – working every other weekend on a two week rolling rota
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are seeking a Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Shaftesbury Court is a purpose-built residential home for 19 adults with primarily physical disabilities and also learning disabilities. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a great opportunity to come and work within a friendly, hardworking and resident-focused team.
To find out more about Shaftesbury Court please click here
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Working in a small team to support 19 residents
- Keyworking with one individual to support them with setting out a care and support plan
- Helping residents to get up, washed and dressed
- Supporting residents to go to into the local community e.g. going to the cinema, visiting friends and attending doctors appointments
- Following care plans and writing comprehensive care notes
Skills and experiences:
- Ability to work well both as part a team and on own initiative
- Prior experience delivering personal care
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the changing needs of residents
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
Please click here to view the full job profile
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job