Care and Support Assistant - Bank
Skelton Court, Kirby Frith, Leicester
£8.03 per hour rising to £8.28 (dependent on qualifications)
Hours as and when required
We are seeking a Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Skelton Court is a high-quality 15-bed residential care home for adults aged 18-65 with learning disabilities and complex or high needs, including dementia. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Please click here for further information about the scheme
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Providing a high quality person centred care and support service that meets individual clients’ needs
- Delivering expert support to clients including the sensitive delivery of personal care
- Driving and promoting resident integration and inclusion into the community, as well as empowering clients to lead fulfilling lives
- Promoting safe practices by undertaking risk assessments and implementing safeguarding principles
- Encouraging clients to engage within the local community and participate in social activities
Skills and experiences:
- A person centred approach, ideally with experience of working in a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines and targets
- NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Good communication skills allowing you to build strong relationships with our clients
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 18 December 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'