Care Allocation Officer
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 Care Allocation Officers to work in Dorchester, Dorset within the adults and housing team for Dorset Council. This is a full time position and we are paying £15.57 per hour for this role.
The post holder will undertake duties of the Care Allocation Team. This involves the allocation of care and support, including associated administrative tasks and tracking, for individuals requiring care and support, to either prevent hospital admission or to enable hospital discharge. The work will involve booking care and support arrangements, whether domiciliary care at home, reablement or within a care home setting from pre-commissioned short-term care options. This will often require creative thinking to blend the resources available to create support solutions to enable hospital discharge or avoid admission. At times there may be a need to broker care directly from the local market.
- Regular involvement and liaison with the Dorset ICS Single Point of Access (SPA) and local Cluster Teams, particularly the Dorset Council Social Care Lead, to allocate care to individuals no longer meeting the criteria to reside in hospital, or to prevent admission.
- Attendance at Cluster MDTs to discuss and report progress on individuals.
- This will include working with partners to work up options for any complex cases, Drawing from knowledge of Adult Social Care practice, such as care and support planning, a case management approach will be followed to ensure all elements of discharge planning, such as transport, medication, equipment etc are co ordinated to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Blending services to ensure pre-commissioned resources are used to greatest effect
- Where pre-commissioned resources do not meet the needs searching and brokering for
care from the market, following set Brokerage processes and procedures.
- Problem solving for more complex care and support needs, identifying and considering options to adapt the solutions available to enable the presenting needs of the individual to be met upon discharge, whilst making the most effective use of resources available. This will include building connections between pre-commissioned services and the resources within the wider Dorset ICS, such as ICRT and End of Life pathways.
- Tracking and recording of all individual journeys through the system, escalating where necessary if individuals are nearing the end of their 6-week recovery period.
- This will require timely inputting accurate data through IT and manual systems as necessary.
- Liaising directly with providers to arrange care packages, to book assessments, signpost to wards and follow up outcome of assessments
- Liaising with discharge teams and wards to secure all arrangements to enable quick
discharges, such as transport, pharmacy and equipment.
- Arranging for relevant agreements for placements to be issued to providers
- Allocating cases to the relevant One Team Cluster case loads
- Where long term care needs are established, referring to the central Brokerage Team to
ensure timely exit from the interim services onto longer term community provision.
- Data gathering and reporting as directed by supervisor
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by post holders line manager.
- Qualifications: Similar Work Related Experience
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current Standard DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'