- Provide an insightful, quality and pro-active response to customer booking enquiries and booking requests - via email, telephone and face to face contact.
- Provide quotations for advanced bookings and follow up to secure orders
- To plan and manage vehicle availability in conjunction with Directors and service centre to ensure all booking requests are met fully, on time.
- Accurately manage rentals database, planning and forecasting ahead
- To meet and greet customers, complete and check all required legal documentation, process payments and insurance certificates
- Demonstrate vehicle operation to hirer
- Occasionally deliver / collect vehicles from customer locations
- To check returned vehicles for damaged and collect insurance excesses in the event of damage.
- To alert service centre staff of damage / mechanical failures.
- To liaise with insurance companies in the event of fault / non fault accidents
- To be the first point of contact for all customer contact and relating system and paper administration
- To actively plan for and implement a regular programme of vehicle servicing, MOT and tax requirements to ensure a fully functioning, legal and safe commercial fleet
- Regular liaison with workshop team with regard to customer demand and prioritise for repairs / cleaning and maintenance accordingly
- Track and analyse costs and provide management reports to ensure the fleet runs effectively at all times
- Recover costs of parking fines and produce information requested by the police and 3rd party insurers in the case of speeding fines, unreported RTA’s or similar
- Accurately process all required administration and documentation
Job Specific Skills
- Experience gained within the motor industry i.e. rentals, car sales, vehicle servicing, repair, maintenance. Candidates must effectively know 'one end of a vehicle from the other’ and be able to convey their understanding during customer consultations.
- Proven customer service experience, ideally within a proactive, consultative role.
- First class administration skills
- IT literate
- Fluency in English Language - spoken / read / written
- Numerate and able to analyse information
- Full UK driving licence and aged 25 years + due to commercial insurance specification
Terms / Benefits
Hours of work - 5 days per week which will include Saturday and a day off in the week OR 6 days per week where Saturday will be paid as overtime. Mon - Friday office hours are 7.45am - 5.45pm, Saturday 8am - 11 and 4pm - 5.30pm. The successful applicant can decide which arrangement suits them best.
Holidays - standard entitlement
Remuneration - £24,000 - £28,000pa