An excellent opportunity has arisen at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust ( UHDB) for a Capital and Leasing Accountant role to manage our Capital Accounting Team.
You must be a qualified Accountant (i.e. ACCA, ACA, CIPFA, CIMA or equivalent) and have experience of financial accounting. We are looking for an adaptable individual who is self-motivated and pro-active in their approach with significant analytical abilities.
The post holder will be responsible for providing a comprehensive capital accounting service, forecasting and advice on the Trust’s capital expenditure programme and capital investment decisions. They will also provide advice on and support the accounting for leases, PFI and similar arrangements.
A strong understanding of current accounting standards and principles is essential.
The Capital Team are part of the Financial Services team who are responsible for providing high quality financial accounting and support to decision makers on the capital programme and how it is financed.
Progressing your career within the UHDB Technical accounting team will be challenging and rewarding working in a constantly changing and highly complex environment.
This will give you the chance to pursue training and development opportunities and work in a team looking to constantly improve financial support to our colleagues.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 4 October 2020
Interview Date: 16 October 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mark Albrighton - Lead Accountant (Research, Capital and Technical)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'