With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and coaches passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder they're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'.
Their award-winning cruise port, one of the busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Their portfolio is diverse, other successful businesses include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of their growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £122 billion of UK trade each year.
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Capital Accountant to join their Finance team. You will be involved in the heart of a major £250 million project in East Kent. The Port of Dover has commenced it’s Dover Western Docks Revival project building a new cargo terminal, a new marina and creating the opportunity for further regeneration and property development around the Dover seafront. This position requires the post holder to be responsible for all aspects of accounting for this project and all other capital spends including cash flow forecasting, cost analysis, optimising tax treatments and the EU grants already secured.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the capital costs incurred by the business and its subsidiaries with particular reference to the DWDR project
- Report on grant submissions ensuring compliance with the legislation and maximising cash flows, including liaising with funding bodies in the EU and the Port of Calais
- Produce weekly cash flows for all capital related spend ensuring all certificates are in order and are paid according to the contract
- Be responsible for the tax planning opportunities and to work with the team and external tax advisors to mitigate tax exposure as appropriate
The ideal candidate for Capital Accountant role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Higher education to degree level or equivalent
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Minimum 3 years experience PQE
- Capital and tax background desirable
- Knowledge of technical accounting issues and regulations
Capital Accountant Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
If you feel you are suitable for the Capital Accountant role, please apply now!
Capital Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Experienced Accountant, ACCA, Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job