Capital accountant working with the development team to assess existing and potential development opportunity's. The role is key in informing the senior management team on the long term strategic plan for the group.
The client is a large and expanding housing association based in central London. The organisation has gone through a number of changes over the last few years and is now embarking on a ambitious development scheme. This position will be involved with supporting the tracking of both existing and new schemes.
The Capital Accountant would have the following responsibilities:
- To work with key stakeholders including work with the Development team to develop 30 year capital investment cash flows and to model capital development plans. This will include delivering financial stress testing models.
- Assist in the preparation of the 5 year strategic budget and cash flows as required for the Strategic Planning purposes.
- Development of capital models to support 5 year strategy
- Analyse and account for Group's disposals resulting from sale of housing properties and property swaps.
- Produce high quality monthly management accounts and monthly updates for the development and property services teams to analyse performance to date against budgets.
- Maintain up to date capital budgets and report on progress to the development team.
You will be an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with strong financial modelling experience and a track record of working with the property or housing sector. Alongside this you will have first rate financial modelling skills with the ability to create financial models from scratch.
Strong business partnering skills are essential as you will be dealing with the development department on a regular basis. It will be a key part of the role to inform them on existing and future development decisions.
Applications from all sectors are welcomed but experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines within the property sector would be highly beneficial.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job