Capital Accountant / Cornwall / Excellent Salary + Benefits
Hays are pleased to be supporting an established Cornwall based employer who are seeking to appoint an experienced Capital Accountant for their prestigious site in Cornwall.
This high profile role will act as business partner to senior stakeholders across the organisation enabling them to make fully informed decisions whilst supporting and influencing the development and implementation of the local strategy.
Key tasks will include:
- Management of £20m capital budget
- Period end reconciliations for capital spend
- Preparation for capital period review
- Monitoring spend against project authorised spend
- Advising where required on the preparation of capital authorisations
- Keeping a schedule of the approval process of capital requests
- Liaising with capital financial controller and fixed asset accountant at head office
- Weekly review with the site director
- Capitalisation of assets once completed
- Maintenance of the asset register
- Updating the WIP depreciation schedule
- Preparation of budget capital
- Liaison with the project managers on various projects
As a qualified or part qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA ) or qualified by experience accountant you will have excellent IT skills. Advanced level Excel, Microsoft Access, and previous use of ERP systems, would be an advantage.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential. A highly effective communicator both written & verbal at all levels you will be comfortable working both unsupervised and as part of a cross functional team.
Long term career prospects and the employment benefits in addition to a highly competitive salary are excellent.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- ACA ACCA CIMA AAT Management Accountant Accounts Financial Accountant Project Financial Controller Finance Manager Management Finance Director Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job