CAPEX Manager required for our client, a global, FTSE 250, Telecoms business based in Central London.
This is an exciting role for a strong, technical Accountant, with excellent Fixed Assets and CAPEX experience, looking for more exposure to projects and business partnering whilst managing the global CAPEX processes and controls.
In this role, you will also apply your knowledge of IFRS and employ best practice methods to accounting and reporting for CAPEX related transactions. Our client has a Capital Asset base of approximately $4 billion and annual CAPEX spending of around $0.5 billion.
In addition, you will liaise with project managers and senior leadership, to provide regular information on actual and forecasted spend, including commentary and analysis. In addition, you will play an important role in the annual CAPEX budget process.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Technically proficient in accounting to IFRS standards, particularly Property, Plant and Equipment and Intangible Assets
- At least five years of experience with accounting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis within FTSE 100 or 250 companies
- Strong SAP experience
Role will include:
- Monthly CAPEX analysis for Internal Reporting
- Analysis of actual spend against projects, budgets and forecasts
- Initiating and approving journal entries and PO accruals as required
- Overall ownership of CAPEX related internal reporting
- Work with Business Units to ensure forecasts are prepared on a timely and accurate basis
- Management and support of team
- Day to day management and support, including objective setting and performance reviews
- Reviewing working papers prepared by team of Accountants
- Reviewing account reconciliations
- Identifying areas to drive process efficiencies and strengthen internal controls
- Coordination of process to capitalise employee time
- Ensuring integrity of data in Project Management tool
- Assisting Project Managers with general maintenance of Project Management tool
- Supervision over the monthly process to record and report
- Coordination of CAPEX spending and approval process
- Responding to requests for authorisations to spend
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork and authorisations are submitted and validated
- Determination of start and completion dates for CAPEX projects
- Ensure asset settlement complete and depreciation set up correctly
- Assistance with budget reporting and budget processes
- Provide financial information to operational leaders during the budget process
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on or email
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job