The primary responsibilities of this post are to support the delivery of the curriculum in the Design Technology, Art and Food and Nutrition areas for the purpose of securing the best possible student outcomes.
Aid the teachers to ensure these areas are ready and resourced for teaching.
To provide audio visual and IT support across the school to encourage the development of flip learning.
Liaise with the site person responsible for H&S to ensure that the teaching areas maintain the required standards.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS Disclosure and were appropriate overseas checks
The successful candidate will share the whole school commitment for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Accountabilities and Principal Contacts
Receive direction from and be accountable to the Headteacher, via the Heads of Lower and Upper Schools, and the area leads for each department.
Main contacts are with teachers of related subjects, students and other colleagues
• Plan your time effectively to ensure each area receives equal amounts of support
• Plan time into your working week to support other staff with flip learning
• Ensure stock is maintained to run the curriculum
• Support the class teacher to maintain the highest standards of H&S
• Support students as directed by the class teacher
• Prepare materials and resources to aid teaching
• Be part of the wider technician support team to help organise whole school events when required
• To support the ICT Lead with minor fixes, repairs to laptops
• Support teachers in organising displays and galleries
Continued Professional Development
• To take responsibility for your professional development
• To provide professional development opportunities for others
• To provide evidence of impact of professional development on student learning and progress
• We encourage innovative practice and to learn from taking risks
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications in at least one of the required roles (E)
Qualifications in more than one of the required areas (D)
Experience in a similar type of role (D)
Ability to work in a fast moving and demanding environment (E)
Experience of programmes of study in each area (D)
Positive growth mindset willing to learn and develop (E)
Excellent IT skills (E)
Evidence of suitability to work with children (E)
Evidence of developing good student learning relationships (E)
Demonstrable Knowledge of Safeguarding or understanding of the needs for safeguarding and willingness to undertake training. (E)This is a full time permanent role with a salary window of around £20,000 -<span class="goog-spellcheck-word" style="background: #bdf1fe none
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job