Job Title: Call Taker
Pre 12 week - Weekdays £10.42, Evenings and Saturdays £14.07, Sundays and Bank Holidays £17.61.
Post 12 week - Weekdays £11.62, Evenings and Saturdays £15.72 Sundays and Bank Holidays £19.68.
Hours: 24 hours or 30 hours per week - mixed rota pattern covering 24/7, please be aware 70% of the rostered hours will be out of hours (after 8pm and weekends)
Length of the contract: Temporary to Permanent (12-week probation via agency)
Gi Group are seeking to appoint several Call Takers to our client based in Rotherham. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Yorkshire's most successful Integrated Urgent Care Providers and become a part of a highly skilled and dynamic team with lots of opportunities to train and develop.
As a Call Taker, you will be highly trained to assess and advise patients and to provide the best care and outcome - no two calls will be the same. This is an incredibly rewarding role that allows you to really make a difference to patients' lives.
Successful candidates will be trained to have the skills to deal with the variety of patient calls in a compassionate and professional way. You will also use your strong customer service skills to deal with complex, sensitive, and sometimes distressing information, to ensure the right level of appropriate care for all patients' is provided.
You do not need any experience in healthcare as full comprehensive training will be provided, however you do need to be dedicated to patient care and be able to work the shift patterns allocated.
- To answer inbound calls quickly and efficiently.
- To deliver high quality, safe and clinically effective advice and instruction over the telephone.
- To support patients to manage their own condition(s) at home, where clinically appropriate.
- To liaise effectively between callers and third parties in critical situations.
- To ensure that all patient contact is conducted appropriately with an emphasis on the provision of clear, evidence-based advice and signposting to an appropriate service.
- To use advanced listening, probing and facilitative skills across a wide range of calls, some of which can be challenging due to emotive circumstances.
- To use complex communication skills to negotiate.
- To actively communicate with fellow staff to assist service delivery.
- To meet daily key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets.
- To keep immediate and accurate records of service user enquiries.
- Excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills.
- Customer service skills and experience.
- IT literate with the ability to confidently use a computer and move quickly between applications.
- Ability to deal with confidential/sensitive and sometimes distressing information.
- Ability to work under pressure to satisfy demand.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent, including English.
- Active Team Player.
- A valid driving license.
- Health care experience (desirable but not essential).
Hiring Contact: Tiegan Clark
Agency: Gi Group
- call handler 111 call handler health advisor healthcare public sector healthcare ambulance paramedic customer service customer services inbound call o
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'