E-zec Medical Transport Services - Great Yarmouth
Call Taker - Patient Transport Service (PTS)
E-zec Medical Transport Services is a private ambulance company that provides non-emergency Patient Transport Services for the NHS and other private companies.
Due to continued expansion, E-zec Medical Transport Services are now looking to recruit a number of 40 Hours as well as 42 Hours permanent Call Handlers (shifts between 8am - 10pm; may include weekends) to be based in the Great Yarmouth area.
Working as Call Taker you will answer incoming calls from customers, hospitals, G.P surgeries and clinics to take orders for transportation of patients to and from appointments. All calls received will need to be subject to an Eligibility Screening process prior to booking. You will carry out the screening and book eligible customers using our in-house IT systems. You have to record patients' details carefully and accurately. You might be dealing with requests for transport for the same day, the following day or for a few weeks ahead.
Other aspects of the role will involve answering inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information.
Duties will include (following training);
- answer calls and respond to emails
- handle customer inquiries both telephonically and by email
- research required information using available resources
- manage and resolve customer complaints
- provide customers with product and service information
- undertake eligibility screen prior to booking transport
- update existing customer information
- process orders, forms and applications, as may be required
- identify and escalate priority issues
- route calls to appropriate resource
- follow up customer calls where necessary
- document all call information via our IT systems and procedures
- complete call logs
- Any other duties required, or commensurate with the role.
In return for your hard work; you will receive
- Free uniform
- Between 224 and 235 hours of annual leave per annum (including bank holidays), depending on the weekly working hours
- A salary of £8.40 per hour
- Auto-enrolment into the Company’s Pension scheme
When you join E-zec Medical Transport Services as a PTS Call Handler, your training will be classroom-based and on the job. The training includes how to use the IT and Call Centre equipment and software as well as customer care and communication skills.
An enhanced disclosure check is required (DBS/CRB). This cost will be covered by the business.
- Call Centre