Location: Cardonald, Glasgow and South Queensferry
Salary Band: Band 2 - £16,532 (pro-rata for part time hours worked)
Hours: 18 and 24 hour contracts available
Duration: Fixed term/secondment opportunity with the potential to last for 12 months
Job Reference No: 18/033
The Scheduled Care Services Call Operator role covers a range of NHS Health Board services delivered by NHS 24, which require a mixture of both inbound and outbound calling. The service provided is The Musculoskeletal Assessment and Triage Service (MSK), which is managed from two contact centres.
The main roles and responsibilities of this post are:
•Utilising scripting advice, to triage inbound calls for patients calling with specific musculoskeletal related symptoms
• On receipt of MSK calls, complete triage documentation and signpost patient/donor to appropriate outcome, including self care or transfer to an allied health professional for further assessment.
• Recognise when callers MSK symptoms are out with the protocol parameters and escalate call for clinical advice.
• Support a range of service initiatives which involve inbound or outbound call handling under scripting advice and supervision.
To be successful in this role the post holder must be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
• Evidence of working within a similar role within a contact centre.
• Competency in basic computer skills.
• Competency in the use of telephony systems and the ability to transfer calls.
• Working within protocol descriptors, monitoring specific indicators and escalating if out with recommended range.
Successful candidates can expect to work Monday to Friday with the majority of shifts being within the 09:00 – 17:00 period. It must be noted that the Scheduled Care Service is however operational between 08:00 – 20:00 and there will be requirements when staff may need to work from 08:00 or until 20:00 hours. The rota templates are visible to all staff 3 weeks in advance. Shift times and requirements may also alter depending on the implementation of any new services.
For more information on this post and Scheduled Care Services please contact Team Manager Vincent Smith onor via email on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job